What information do we collect?
If you visit the Reading Ahead website, we automatically gather and store the following information about your visit so that we can track the use of our website in order to make improvements:
- the IP address from which you access our website
- the name of the domain from which you access the Internet (e.g. aol.com, if you are connecting from an America Online account
- the type of browser and operating system used to access our website
- the date and time of your visit to the site
- the pages, files, documents and links that you visit
- the internet address of the website from which you linked to our site (i.e. the previous site you visited before you came to us
What happens to the information collected?
Reading Ahead will not make any attempt to identify individual users or their particular browsing activities. The information above is stored and used in the aggregate only, in order to provide us with information about the general use of our site. We analyse our log files in order to make improvements to the site: for example if we find that some pages are rarely or never visited, we may decide to remove or rewrite them.
Email addresses and personal information
As part of the registration process, we ask tutors and participants to submit age, library authority, and email address. The email address will be used to confirm the registration and to send a password reminder email on request. All reviews posted on Find A Read will be anonymous. None of the information collected on registration will be used by us apart from in aggregate, to provide us with information about the general use of our site. We will not pass any details on to any third parties.
Find learning resources, activities, booklists and promotional materials in the resources database.