Welcome to Reading Ahead
Reading Ahead is a challenge to read six things.
Challenge yourself! Read more. Improve skills. Gain confidence.
How it works:
- Choose a read. You can read what you like – newspapers, magazines, poems, recipes, graphic novels, letters, audiobooks – they all count! You can find a book to read by browsing the Quick Reads page, the Find A Read database or asking your librarian, tutor, friend or colleagues for advice.
- When you finish each read add it to your Reading Diary by clicking ‘Add a read’ on the Home page. You will need to share your thoughts on what you’ve read by writing a review and giving it a score out of 5. Your review will be published on the Find A Read database to help others choose what to read.
- After completing six reads, answer a few short questions to tell us how it went.
- You will then unlock a bronze digital badge. Each set of six reads that you complete will unlock a new badge. After 24 reads you’ll reach platinum!
Why should you take part?
Challenging yourself to read more can:
- Improve your literacy and communication skills
- Inspire new ideas
- Help you to navigate the world around you and take you to new places
- Support your mental health and wellbeing
- Build confidence
Get Reading Ahead and see where it takes you…
Find out why our Reading Ahead ambassadors think reading is important.
The Reading Agency
Reading Ahead is brought to you by The Reading Agency, a national charity with a mission to tackle life’s big challenges through the proven power of reading. Find out more about our work and programmes at readingagency.org.uk.
Find learning resources, activities, booklists and promotional materials in the resources database.